The Cuban Embassy in Spain reported that president Raul Castro sent a message of condolences to King Philippe VI as well as to the relatives of the victims of the terrorist attacks in Barcelona. Such attacks left a total of 13 deaths and dozens of wounded citizens, with five Cubans among them.
Cuban ambassador in Madrid, Eugenio Martinez, also expressed his condolences before the authorities of the country.
The Embassy and its Consulate in Barcelona have been in touch with the relatives of the four Cuban injured in the terrorist attacks. A fifth Cuban was partially wounded in the Cambrils event and was immediately discharged, according to the website Cubadebate.
Translated by Sergio A. Paneque Diaz // CubaSi Translation Staff
- 250 Bartenders Will Attend 22th Pan-Am Cocktail Tournament in Cuba
- Spain Declines Extradition of Ex-Catalan leader from Germany
- Butterfly Park to Open its Doors in Camagüey, Cuba
- The government takes a turn in its foreign policy in favor of dialogue with Venezuela and Cuba
- Cuban Foreign Minister Chairs Delegation to Nicaraguan National Event