Ambassadors and diplomats of five continents showed today here its solidarity with Cuba before the devastating step, the end of week, of Hurricane Irma.
By means of telephone calls and the social networks, the Cuban permanent mission before the United Nations has received in the last hours tens of samples of support and disposal to be helped in the middle of the human losses and the lazy ravages largely of its territory.
On Saturday, the chief of office of the Secretary-General of the UN, Maria Luiza Ribeiro Viotti, notified to Cuban permanent representative Anayansi Rodríguez the solidarity of the organization and its support in whatever it is necessary.
In this context, the executive director of the World Food Program, David Beasley, will visit countries of the Caribbean Sea affected by Irma, among them the island of Cuba.
Also from New York, where United Nations has its headquarters, messages of breath to Cuba and its people have been transferred.
On the eve, at the beginning of a concert of the Cuban singer-songwriter Silvio Rodríguez in the Central Park, the president of the New York City Council, Melissa Mark-Viverito, emphasized the support of the island to other Caribbean nations struck by the hurricane.
'Thank you Cuba, now we hope that the same support should be extended to you, after the suffering of these days,' affirmed the official.
- Kenya, Cuba sign deal Sports CS Echesa enters deal with Cuban counterpart to develop sports in both countries
- First high-level official Palau delegation visits Cuba
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Cuba Calls 15th International Meeting on Criminal Sciences
- Cuba: National Award of Music to José Luis Cortés