On the afternoon of October 4, Army General Raúl Castro Ruz, President of the Councils of State and Ministers of Cuba, received Alicia Bárcena Ibarra, Executive Secretary of the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), making a visit to the country.
In a cordial atmosphere, the two officials discussed the regional situation, in particular the impact of Hurricanes Irma and Maria, as well as the earthquakes which affected Mexico.
Bárcena conveyed her gratitude to the President for Cuba’s support in hosting the 56th Meeting of the Presiding Officers of the Regional Conference on Women in Latin America and the Caribbean, currently taking place in Havana.
Participating on the Cuban side during the encounter were Ricardo Cabrisas Ruiz, a Council of Ministers vice president and minister of Economy and Planning, and Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez Parrilla.
- Cuban Players to attend Pan American Badminton Championships
- Council of Ministers of Cuba Discusses Economic and Social Issues
- Cuba to take best cyclists to Pan- American road championship
- North American Activist Calls for Ending Blockade Against Cuba
- Cuban Consulate in US Hosted Travel Agencies Executives