Havana, SANA – Member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of Cuba, Jose Ramon Balaguer Cabrera, said that Syria’s victory over terrorism is a victory for all its friendly countries in the world including Cuba.
Balaguer made his remarks during a meeting with the Syrian Ambassador to Cuba, Idris Mayya.
Balaguer hailed the sacrifices and achievements made by the Syrian Arab army against terrorism, expressing confidence that Syria will achieve victory in its war against states and powers which have bad intentions towards the country.
He reiterated Cuban leadership and people’s support to Syria, renewing Cuba’s condemnation and firm rejection of any interference in its internal affairs since the Syrian people alone have the right to determine their future.
Ambassador Mayya stressed Syria’s determination to continue fighting terrorist organizations throughout Syrian territory until full eradication, adding that Syria will defeat terrorism thanks to the steadfastness of its people, the heroic sacrifices of its army and the bravery of its leadership.
- Cuba decrees national mourning for death of Vietnam president
- Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa and Kiev hit the streets to demand: Hey Trump! Lift the Blockade on Cuba Now!
- Cuban President Met US Senator Robert Corker
- Cuban Official Jose Ramon Balaguer Begins Working Visit to Japan
- Russia, Cuba Address Cooperation in Health, Education and Culture