Havana, SANA – Member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of Cuba, Jose Ramon Balaguer Cabrera, said that Syria’s victory over terrorism is a victory for all its friendly countries in the world including Cuba.
Balaguer made his remarks during a meeting with the Syrian Ambassador to Cuba, Idris Mayya.
Balaguer hailed the sacrifices and achievements made by the Syrian Arab army against terrorism, expressing confidence that Syria will achieve victory in its war against states and powers which have bad intentions towards the country.
He reiterated Cuban leadership and people’s support to Syria, renewing Cuba’s condemnation and firm rejection of any interference in its internal affairs since the Syrian people alone have the right to determine their future.
Ambassador Mayya stressed Syria’s determination to continue fighting terrorist organizations throughout Syrian territory until full eradication, adding that Syria will defeat terrorism thanks to the steadfastness of its people, the heroic sacrifices of its army and the bravery of its leadership.
- Moscow, Havana Discuss Cooperation before Medvedev's trip to Cuba
- Russia, China veto UN resolution calling for ceasefire in Syria
- (US) Blockade to Cuba: The day medicines and food were added to the list
- Probable cause of mysterious illness among US and Canadian diplomats in Havana found
- Two Members of Cuba's UN Mission Expelled From US