There were two more hours to go before the polling stations closed.
Despite a complex election day for heavy rains in municipalities of the central and eastern regions, Balseiro said communication links and transportation worked well, and reports were sent on time.
Polling stations closed by 19:00 local time and vote counting began right after. Voters were invited to witness the process.
CEN noted that for this first round of elections for delegates to the municipal assemblies more than 24,300 polling stations were opened, and more than 8 million Cubans were summoned to the polls to elect 12,515 municipal councillors.
Of the 27,221 candidates in the ballots, women made up 35.40 percent, while young people, 19.49.
For December 3 the runoff vote is scheduled in those constituencies in which none of the candidates obtained more than 50 percent of the valid votes.
- The Pride of Our Democracy
- State Council Appoints Date for the Constitution of Municipal Assemblies of People’s Power
- Washington: Trump’s mental health
- Dictatorship? Washington’s Mid East allies are the ones that 'never saw a ballot box' – Iranian FM
- General Elections Schedule Rearranged on its First Stage