The Telecommunications Company of Cuba, S.A., ETECSA, announced that, from December 8, 2017, from any mobile phone in Cuba, it will be possible to send international messages (SMS) to any mobile phone in the United States.
Until today, the United States was the only country Cubans were not able to send the SMS, though they could make phone calls both to cell phones and landlines. The cost of this service will be 0.60 CUC, similar to the rest of the international destinations.
For the sending of text messaging to the United States, the user must, at the time of entering the telephone number, dial, the "+" sign, the United States code, 1, the locality code and the cellular number.
The US area codes can be found in the Yellow Pages of the Cuba Telephone Directory
- What has Happened in Latin America? Understanding the Imperial Counteroffensive
- We remain committed to a possible better world and we believe that the basis of that desire is education
- Cuba: Government announces new measures for self-employment
- Cuba reiterates its invariable solidarity with Constitutional President Nicolás Maduro and the Bolivarian Revolution
- Eight Cuban judokas to participate in Dusseldorf Grand Slam