Bolivian President Evo Morales has highlighted Cuba's resistance to the hostility of the U.S. government, which has maintained the economic, financial and commercial blockade against Cuba for more than 50 years.
In a message on his Twitter account, the Bolivian leader praised the dignity and sovereignty of Cubans in the face of U.S. interference.
He recalled events that mark the historical relations between the Caribbean nation and the U.S., marked by interference and an unsuccessful imperial logic.
He mentioned the rupture of diplomatic relations between the United States and Cuba on January 3, 1961 and the first defeat of imperialism in Americas at Playa Girón -- the Bay of Pigs -- in April of the same year.
Edited by Jorge Ruiz Miyares
- Cuba: with much to contribute to the Hemispheric Dialogue in Peru
- Japanese Ambassador in Cuba Visits Agricultural Sites in Camaguey
- Cuban Players shine in Japanese Professional Baseball Pre-Season
- The OAS as US Puppet Platform for Attacking Progressive Latin America
- Cuban civil society forum will meet prior to the Summit of the Americas