The Venezuelan government and society will dedicate an broad program to honor Cuban National Hero Jose Marti, according to the People's Power Ministry of Culture.
On Sunday, 137 years after the arrival in Caracas of the Cuban pro-independence hero, the capital's authorities will hold a commemorative event at Simon Bolivar Square.
Throughout the week and until January 28, which marks the 165th birthday of the Most Universal Cuban, the Jose Marti Our America House, in this capital, will implement a broad agenda of events.
The forum Marti and the Bolivarian Revolution will be held at this institution on Monday, and the screening of documentaries on the life and work of the Cuban hero and poetry readings, among other cultural activities, will take place from Tuesday to Saturday.
The tribute will will end on January 28, at Marti Square in Caracas, where his 165th birthday will be celebrated, in the presence of Culture Minister Ernesto Villegas and Cuban Ambassador to Venezuela Rogelio Polanco, among other personalities.
- Why Havana Club is Unique and Why in Miami Mojitos are not Sold
- Venezuela Urges International Conference against US Aggressions
- 'Great Housing Project' Has Benefited 12 Million Venezuelans
- Washington uses Colombia for ‘cheap spectacles’ against Caracas – Venezuelan FM
- Secretive meeting on US ‘military option’ in Venezuela reveals key figures of invasion push – report