Philippine Education Minister Leonor Briones was paid a courtesy visit by Cuban Ambassador Ibete Fernandez, with whom she assessed the possibility of starting relations of collaboration in the educational field.
The Cuban diplomat told Prensa Latina that the minister repeated the intention to implement the best and more applicable practices of Cuba's educational system and, above all, to learn from the process to build values among students.
Briones recalled that last year, the general director of Education of the Philippines visited Cuba, and she thanked the ambassador for the welcome he was given.
The official expressed her admiration for the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, and underlined that although his physical departure was a great loss for humankind, his legacy remains.
- Cuban Players to attend Pan American Badminton Championships
- Council of Ministers of Cuba Discusses Economic and Social Issues
- Cuba to take best cyclists to Pan- American road championship
- North American Activist Calls for Ending Blockade Against Cuba
- Cuban Consulate in US Hosted Travel Agencies Executives