Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro became the first international leader to pay an official state visit to Cuba following the election of Miguel Diaz-Canel to the office of president.
Maduro, who arrived in Havana Friday, has pledged to strengthen the brotherhood between the two countries.
"I am leaving for Cuba to make a working visit, a fellowship visit to give a hug of solidarity, of support, of unity to the new President of the Council of State and Minister of Cuba, Miguel Diaz-Canel. We will meet to visualize the future and above all ratify the union between Cuba and Venezuela," said Maduro before departing to Cuba.
- Cuban Media Denounces New Fake News about President Diaz-Canel
- What has Happened in Latin America? Understanding the Imperial Counteroffensive
- We remain committed to a possible better world and we believe that the basis of that desire is education
- Attack on Venezuela 1st step in US Attempt to Recolonize Latin America: Maduro
- Russia Denounces Deployment of US Forces near Venezuela