The Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our Americas-Peoples' Trade Treaty (ALBA-TCP) condemned here the attempts by the United States to revitalize the Monroe Doctrine to promote hegemonism in the region.
The integrationist bloc established that position at a meeting of foreign ministers and heads of delegations from its member countries who are attending the 37th Session of the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), a forum that ended on Friday in this capital, Cuban Deputy Foreign Minister Rogelio Sierra told reporters.
According to the diplomat, the ALBA-TCP meeting also condemned the actions to destabilize some governments in Latin America, and reiterated its support for multilateralism and the peoples' right to self-determination.
It was a meeting of great confraternity and coincidence between the parties, said Sierra, who accompanied Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in a tribute to Cuban National Hero José Martí, in the framework of his official visit to the Caribbean island.
- Putin Expresses Condolences to Cuban Leader Over Boeing 737 Crash
- Cuba Woke Up in Mourning after Aviation Accident
- Cuban Authorities Investigate Crash of Mexican Plane in Havana
- Minsk plays host to the second meeting of the Belarusian-Cuban commission on cooperation in science and technology
- Cuba – new investment destination of Vietnamese firms