Cuban leader Raul Castro and President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulated today Venezuela''s newly re-elected President Nicolas Maduro on his victory in Sunday''s presidential elections.
In his message, the first secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Cuba sent warm congratulations and stressed that 'the Venezuelan people have once again shown their loyalty and commitment to the Bolivarian and Chavista Revolution'.
For his part, Diaz-Canel reaffirmed the solidarity of the Cuban Revolution with the Venezuelan people in the new challenges to face.
'The Bolivarian and Chavista people have once again demonstrated their determination to defend the legacy of Chavez, which you so gracefully represent,' said the Cuban president in his letter to Maduro published on Twitter by Venezuelan Foreign Minister Jorge Arreaza.
This Sunday,the Venezuelan president received more than six million votes, representing about 68 percent of the vote, a situation which will keep him in office until 2025.
- Forum in Cuba Debates on Journalism's Impact in New Technologies
- Cuba to Present Updating of its Economic Model at Davos Forum
- Cuban Soccer Confirms Presence in Caribbean Tournament
- Foreign Minister reterates that Cuba is against terrorism and war
- Venezuelan Armed Forces Repels Group of Conspirators