The Ministries of Energy and Mines of Cuba (MINEN) and the Ministry of the Environment, Land and Sea of Italy signed a Memorandum of Understanding here to promote the use of safe and clean energies.
The agreement was signed by the Director General of Sustainable Development of the Ministry of Environment of Italy, Francesco La Camera, and by his counterpart of Renewable Energy of MINEN, Rosell Guerra.
This tool, declared Guerra, is an important contribution to the fulfillment of the objectives of the policy approved in Cuba for the Perspective Development of Renewable Sources and the Efficient Use of Energy, whose strategy foresees the reduction of dependence on fossil fuels and the elevation of environmental sustainability.
Guerra also revealed the implementation, as soon as possible, of joint projects to apply photovoltaic solar energy, with the aim of improving electricity service in some rural areas of Cuba.
It also meant the advantages that can be derived from it in the exchange of practical experiences between Cuban and Italian specialists, training, technology transfer and technical assistance.
- SIX TEAMS LINE UP FOR VOLLEYBALL CHALLENGER CUP AND ONE OPEN BERTH IN 2019 MEN'S VNL
- US-Cuba: Between Backing Down and the Willingness to Better Links
- Cuba opens Int'l convention to attract foreign investment
- North American Composer Charles Fox to Perform in Cuba
- Indian President to Talk to Cuban Autrhorities