Subtropical Storm Alberto and the heavy rains that it brought left 7 dead and 2 missing in Cuba, accordiing to the National HQ of the Civil Defense here.
According to the news that was published by Granma newspaer 2 persons died in Pinar del Río, 2 in Ciego de Ávila, 1 in Sancti Spíritus, 1 in Villa Clara and another one in Matanzas, all of them had drowned.
In relation to those 2 missing, the Civil Defense reports that they are from Ciego de Ávila and Villa Clara.
The heavy rains that Alberto brought caused flooding in rivers and towns and also affected water dams.
- SIX TEAMS LINE UP FOR VOLLEYBALL CHALLENGER CUP AND ONE OPEN BERTH IN 2019 MEN'S VNL
- US-Cuba: Between Backing Down and the Willingness to Better Links
- Cuba opens Int'l convention to attract foreign investment
- North American Composer Charles Fox to Perform in Cuba
- Indian President to Talk to Cuban Autrhorities