The ceremony held in cooperation with the Cuban Institute for Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP) was attended by several Cuban officials, representatives of Palestinian organizations as well as foreign ambassadors and diplomats residing in the country.
The Vice President of the Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples Jose Prieto appreciated Iran’s Embassy for holding the event and said that Quds Day is an international day.
Condemning the Zionist regime’s crimes against the Palestinian nation, he reiterated his country’s support for the cause of Palestine.
Iran’s Ambassador to Cuba also described the Palestinian nation’s plight as a 70-year wound, condemning the Zionist regime’s crimes against Palestinian demonstrators in the past two months.
Referring to illegal relocation of US Embassy to Quds which runs counter to international regulations, he said that the move escalated the situation in Palestine.
International Quds Day—which is marked on the last Friday of the fasting month of Ramadan—was initiated by the late founder of the Islamic Revolution Imam Khomeini after the 1979 Islamic Revolution.
- North Korean delegation holds first day of talks in “working visit” to Havana
- Young musicians from Cuba and the US participate in “Together in Harmony” project
- Cuban Caricaturist Wins Award in Canada
- Cuba off on good start at U18 Pan Am Cup
- Cuban Public Health Minister Rejects Manipulation of Medical Cooperation