The Cuban president, Miguel Diaz Canel, sent a congratulation message to the president-elect of Mexico Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador.
Pedro Nunez Mosquera, Cuban ambassador to Mexico, reported the news in his Twitter account.
Diaz Canel joined other heads of state who congratulated the candidate of the coalition Juntos Haremos Historia. Lopez Obrador celebrated a resounding victory in his tenacity for the presidency.
Lopez Obrador’s first words, after the National Electoral Institute confirmed his irreversible superiority in the voting, were headed to the leaders and international organizations that congratulated him.
Translated by Sergio A. Paneque Diaz / CubaSi Translation Staff
- Cuban Los Van Van Orchestra to Close Josone Varadero Festival
- Ralph Gonsalves Asks for Defense for Latin Countries
- More Than 430 Delegates Attend the 24 th Sao Paulo Forum in Cuba
- Cuba's New Constitution Will Recognize Private Property: Report
- Sao Paulo Forum: Space for Criticism and Construction of Perspectives