The Cuban president, Miguel Diaz Canel, sent a congratulation message to the president-elect of Mexico Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador.
Pedro Nunez Mosquera, Cuban ambassador to Mexico, reported the news in his Twitter account.
Diaz Canel joined other heads of state who congratulated the candidate of the coalition Juntos Haremos Historia. Lopez Obrador celebrated a resounding victory in his tenacity for the presidency.
Lopez Obrador’s first words, after the National Electoral Institute confirmed his irreversible superiority in the voting, were headed to the leaders and international organizations that congratulated him.
Translated by Sergio A. Paneque Diaz / CubaSi Translation Staff
- An Auction of Havana Cigars in Cuba Surpasses One Million Euros
- Secretary of Council of State says Cubans see themselves reflected in new Constitution
- What has Happened in Latin America? Understanding the Imperial Counteroffensive
- We remain committed to a possible better world and we believe that the basis of that desire is education
- Cuba: Government announces new measures for self-employment