Havana, Jul 2 (Prensa Latina) The President of the Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP), Fernando Gonzalez, thanked Belarus for its solidarity with this Caribbean country in its fight for the end of the U.S. blockade.
We recognize the support of Belarus in the demand of Cuba for the end of the economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed by the northern country on the island for almost six decades, stated Gonzalez in a ceremony for the 74th anniversary of the victory of Belarus over the fascism, celebrated in Havana.
In his words, the head of ICAP reminded the heroes and martyrs of that epic event when on July 3, 1944, the city of Minsk was liberated from the Nazi occupation.
Our solidarity hugs to the Belarusian people, reiterated Gonzalez and then referred to the agreements both nations are implementing in the economic, educational and scientific spheres.
He also spoke about the high level of bilateral relations and about the joint work in favor of peace that Cuba and Belarus have made in the Non-Aligned Movement and in the United Nations Organization.
- President Diaz-Canel Denounces the Blockade Impact on Cuba's Economy
- World Tweet to Pay Tribute to Cuba's Historic Leader Fidel Castro
- UN vote on Cuba's resolution against blockade: 189 in favor, 2 against, no absentions
- United Nations General Assembly to vote resolution on the US economic blockade
- Blockade to Cuba Isolates United States at UN