Sancti Spiritus, Cuba, Jul 6 (Prensa Latina) Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel today began a working visit to this central province of the country, recently arrived from the Jamaican city of Montego Bay.
After attending the 39th Ordinary Meeting of the Conference of Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community, in Jamaica, Diaz-Canel began his first visit to this territory, after taking office on April 19.
The President of the Councils of State and Ministers of Cuba participated as a special guest in the important regional meeting.
Diaz-Canel began his tour here in the municipality of Cabaiguan, particularly in the farm of the peasant Yoandry Rodriguez, considered the best producer of covered tobacco in the country.
During the meeting with the renowned producer, the Cuban President was interested in the damage caused in the area by last May's heavy rains.
He was also concerned to know how the peasants have faced the damages caused by excess moisture in the tobacco stored in the healing houses.
This Friday morning, according to the media, Diaz-Canel visited the neighboring province of Villa Clara.
There he learned about works executed by brigades of the Engineering Works Construction Company, while he inquired about the quality of the investments, the raw material used and the equipment available, among other details.
He then exchanged with directors of several agencies at the headquarters of the Villa Clara People's Power Assembly to evaluate the progress of the recovery, after the damages caused by the recent subtropical storm Alberto.
- What has Happened in Latin America? Understanding the Imperial Counteroffensive
- We remain committed to a possible better world and we believe that the basis of that desire is education
- Cuba: Government announces new measures for self-employment
- Cuba reiterates its invariable solidarity with Constitutional President Nicolás Maduro and the Bolivarian Revolution
- Eight Cuban judokas to participate in Dusseldorf Grand Slam