The inauguration of a modern Medical and Diagnostic Center in Georgetown became in a mass act of solidarity and friendship with Cuba, in which hundreds of inhabitants from that city of St. Vincent and the Grenadines joined to the General Governor and the Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves to celebrate the opening of the facility, Cubadebate publishes.
Vilma Reyes Valdespino, the Cuban ambassador affirmed that the inauguration of the center makes real the Commandant in Chief Fidel Castro’s dream, and it has the equipment and the medical personnel guaranteed by Cuba.
Reyes Valdespino also highlighted the contribution of Cuba to the project in the different stages, included the donation of equipments and the designation of a group of 23 doctors and health technicians, which demonstrate the will of the Cuban people of stand firm in their internationalist vocation.
When summarizing the activity, the Prime Minister, Ralph Gonsalves remembered the first time in which Fidel talked to him about the possibility of building this type of facility, and he thanked the support received in the following years from the side of the General of Army Raúl Castro Ruz and the current Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel.
After the official part, the ceremony of inauguration took place, in which the inaugural card was revealed and the ribbon was cut, leaving the modern Medical and Diagnostic Center of Georgetown officially opened.
- The government takes a turn in its foreign policy in favor of dialogue with Venezuela and Cuba
- Cuban Foreign Minister Chairs Delegation to Nicaraguan National Event
- Miguel Diaz-Canel Reaffirms that Cuba will Not Shift towards Capitalism
- Cuba, ECLAC Discuss Preparations for Sustainable Development Forum
- Evo Morales Thanks Sao Paulo Forum for Support for 2019 Candidacy