Havana, Jul 8 (Prensa Latina) Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel and the Second Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party, José Ramón Machado Ventura, attend the Ninth Congress of the Student University Federation (FEU) as delegates of honor.
In the Ninth Congress of the FEU, 400 delegates and 100 guests participate representing the 125 000 students involved in the oldest mass organization in the country, guided by the Revolutionary currency, a formula to win, our mission is to fulfill.
Before the conclave began, a student march took place from the Fragua Martiana - a place that pays tribute to the Cuban National Hero, José Martí - to the University of Havana with the purpose of honoring the martyrs of the FEU.
In that act, the delegates ratified their support for the Revolution and its historic leader, Fidel Castro, and the organization's commitment to the pro-independence ideals.
The FEU was founded in 1922 by the revolutionary leader Julio Antonio Mella with the mission of uniting Cuban university students, representing their interests and enforcing their rights
- Cuba decrees national mourning for death of Vietnam president
- Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa and Kiev hit the streets to demand: Hey Trump! Lift the Blockade on Cuba Now!
- Cuban President Met US Senator Robert Corker
- Cuban Official Jose Ramon Balaguer Begins Working Visit to Japan
- Russia, Cuba Address Cooperation in Health, Education and Culture