Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez heads the delegation of Cuba that will attend the central event in Nicaragua for the 39th anniversary of the triumph of the Sandinista Revolution, diplomatic sources said today.
According to the Foreign Ministry, the delegation is also made up of Juan Hernandez, Cuba's ambassador to Nicaragua and other officials.
On July 19, 1979, the Sandinista National Liberation Front (FSLN) defeated Anastasio SomozaÂ´s dictatorship and started a process of socio-economic transformation for the benefit of the Nicaraguan people.
Currently, that Central American country faces a sociopolitical crisis fueled by the international right with the intention of overthrowing President Daniel OrtegaÂ´s government, elected by popular will expressed at the polls.
The day before, Latin American leaders ratified in the Forum of Sao Paulo, which took place in Cuba, their solidarity with Nicaragua, its people and the Executive led by Ortega.
- North Korean delegation holds first day of talks in “working visit” to Havana
- Young musicians from Cuba and the US participate in “Together in Harmony” project
- Cuban Caricaturist Wins Award in Canada
- Cuba off on good start at U18 Pan Am Cup
- Cuban Public Health Minister Rejects Manipulation of Medical Cooperation