Ciego de Avila, Cuba, Jul 31 (Prensa Latina) Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel is checking today the recovery march in areas of the central province of Ciego de Ávila, after the heavy rains that hit the island last May and June.
Diaz-Canel toured places in the municipality of Florence, the hardest hit by the rains associated with the subtropical storm Alberto.
In that Ciego de Avila's territory, a province located more than 400km from Havana, the head of State spoke with authorities and with the population.
He also visited works in reconstruction, facilities related to the economy, as well as food preparation and sale centers.
Just as Diaz-Canel toured other provinces affected by the subtropical storm Alberto, including Sancti Spiritus and Cienfuegos, the first Cuban Vice-President, Salvador Valdes, verified the recovery process in Ciego de Avila.
- Cuba to Participate in International Tourism Fair in Madrid
- Cuba Expresses Condolences to Mexican People after Explosion
- Irene Rodriguez Performs at Joyce Theater with Flamenco Dance
- USA Jazz Band Builds Bridges in Cuba
- Cuba categorically rejects the threat of activation of Title III of the Helms-Burton Act