Electrification through independent photovoltaic solar panels favored about 700 isolated houses in this central province, as part of a national program implemented through the use of renewable energy.
Even to the areas where these dwellings are located, it is impossible to bring the service of the National Electroenergetic System and that is why domestic modules of photovoltaic solar panels were installed.
With their installation last April, the province achieved 100 percent electrification, informed Carlos Misael Rodriguez, director of the Espirituana Electric Company.
'This is the program with the greatest social impact, as it directly influences on the quality of life of people,' he stated.
In 2016, when this national project aimed at electrifying all houses and boosting renewable energy sources began in the territory, the benefit reached 147 households.
The installation of each module, valued at about 2,000 dollars, is free, while the monthly consumption rate for each house is very low.
- Why Havana Club is Unique and Why in Miami Mojitos are not Sold
- Cuba Strengthens State Entrepreneurial System, Eases Private Sector
- Cuba in Permanent Contact with Kenya over Kidnappings of Doctors
- Cuban Constitution will keep the Revolution Young, Assures Legislator
- Cuban Science Monitors the Protection of Water Resources