Cuban Minister of Foreign Trade and Investment, Rodrigo Malmierca Diaz affirmed his country’s support for Syria in its war against terrorism.
During his meeting with Health Minister Dr. Nizar Yazigi in Havana on Thursday, the Cuban Minister said that “standing by Syria and supporting it is a firm Cuban decision that is based on Cuba’s consistent policy of supporting friends and allies.”
The Cuban minister noted that the signing of a medical cooperation agreement contributes to enhancing the relations between the two countries in this field and allows the establishment of relations with Syria in other fields.
On Wednesday, Syrian and Cuban Health Ministries signed a medical cooperation agreement to strengthen relations in this field.
“It’s our duty to provide all kinds of help to the Syrian people in light of the current ordeal they are going through,” he said.
The Cuban official expressed his confidence that Syria will triumph over terrorism thanks to the sacrifices of its army and steadfastness of the Syrian people and their leadership.
In turn, Yazigi, considered the agreement as a “starting point for building a strategic partnership for cooperation in health field and the other fields, transferring biotechnology and importing medicine in both directions, training and exchanging expertise and researches.
- Russian Security Council Secretary Meets With Castro, Diaz-Canel In Cuba's Capital
- Cuba’s Central Bank is ready to support newly announced measures
- Cuban government announces new economic measures to boost domestic trade
- Cuba to host symposium on genesis and development of the Revolution
- Spanish Foreign Minister pays official visit to Cuba