Cuba's President Miguel Diaz-Canel received the head of the Foreign Relations Committee of the US Senate, Robert Corker, who is on a working visit with two of his legislative assistants.
At the meeting on Thursday evening the two men talked of bilateral relations and issues of common interest, it was officially reported.
The chargé d'affaires of the US Embassy, Mara Teckach, accompanied the republican legislator from the State of Tennessee.
Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez and the general director of the US Office at the Foreign Ministry Carlos Fernandez also attended the meeting.
This is Senator Corker's second visit to Cuba.
- North Korean delegation holds first day of talks in “working visit” to Havana
- Young musicians from Cuba and the US participate in “Together in Harmony” project
- Cuban Caricaturist Wins Award in Canada
- Cuba off on good start at U18 Pan Am Cup
- Cuban Public Health Minister Rejects Manipulation of Medical Cooperation