Cuba's President Miguel Diaz-Canel received the head of the Foreign Relations Committee of the US Senate, Robert Corker, who is on a working visit with two of his legislative assistants.
At the meeting on Thursday evening the two men talked of bilateral relations and issues of common interest, it was officially reported.
The chargé d'affaires of the US Embassy, Mara Teckach, accompanied the republican legislator from the State of Tennessee.
Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez and the general director of the US Office at the Foreign Ministry Carlos Fernandez also attended the meeting.
This is Senator Corker's second visit to Cuba.
- Concert on 120th Anniversary of Japanese Migration to Cuba
- Cuba to Host Interregional Workshop on Sustainable Development
- Benicio del Toro presents his most recent film in Havana
- Parliamentary Group for Cuban-Syrian Friendship : Syria will absolutely triumph over terrorism
- US Has No Moral Authority to Judge Cuba on Human Rights