Uzbek Foreign Minister Abdulaziz Kamilov received the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Cuba Ana Teresita Gonzalez Fraga on Sept. 24, 2018, Uzbek media reported.
According to the Uzbek Foreign Ministry's press service, the Cuban delegation arrived in Tashkent on a working visit.
During the meeting, the diplomats discussed the state of bilateral relations. They noted an interest in deepening the Uzbek-Cuban dialogue in various areas of mutual interest.
Despite the geographical distance, Uzbekistan and Cuba are ready to develop economic ties, using the high potential and real opportunities of both countries.
During the meeting, the diplomats also exchanged views on the prospects for expanding tourist, cultural and humanitarian exchanges on a mutually beneficial basis.
On the same day, the Foreign Ministry hosted the first round of inter-MFA political consultations. Cuban Ambassador Alfredo Nieves Portuando took part in the negotiations.
- Cuba: Government announces new measures for self-employment
- Cuba reiterates its invariable solidarity with Constitutional President Nicolás Maduro and the Bolivarian Revolution
- Eight Cuban judokas to participate in Dusseldorf Grand Slam
- Armando Manzanero Returns to Cuba Attracted by Salsa and Habanos
- Cuba Gives Priority Homes Damaged by Tornado