Habanos S. A., producer of premium cigars, is seeking to strengthen its presence in the Asia-Pacific market, a region considered one of the centers of the world economy, said Tuesday a source of the entity.
The Marketing Director, Ernesto Gonzalez, told Prensa Latina they are developing new products focused on that area.
Habanos S.A. has in China one of the strongest customers in Asia, and the company is currently focusing on consumers in that area to develop a culture on everything related to Habano and its properties, said the director.
The company, world leader in its category, now consolidates the European markets, which represent 56 percent of its sales, mainly in Spain, France, Germany, England and Switzerland.
The Cuban domestic market is also one of the most important in terms of sales volume.
We keep working focused on customers and satisfying their needs. Our strategy is to consolidate the gaps we have and continue growing, explained Gonzalez.
The company holds 70 percent of the world tobacco market, with the exception of the United States. Out of 10 cigars sold, seven are Cuban, he said.
- Acosta Danza Company Announces New Season in Cuba
- Cubans Remember Poet Nicolas Guillen after 30 Years of his Death
- Cuba Reaffirms Commitment to Non-Aligned Countries
- Cuban FM received the Secretary of State of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cambodia
- International Film Festival of Gibara winds up with awards ceremony