The Brazilian people and political and social organizations have reacted to the end of the Cuban presence in the More Doctors Program due to the hostile attitude of President-elect Jair Bolsonaro, and recognized the work by the Cuban physicians.
The performance by Cuban doctors and their professional preparation has been one of the most debated topics in the press and social networks.
In fact, one of the causes of Cuba's decision not to continue in the program that has been implemented since 2013 is the questioning by President-elect Jair Bolsonaro about the professionalism of the Cuban physicians and his conditioning their permanence on the revalidation of their titles.
Bolsonaro shot at the feet of the Brazilian people: Doctors from Cuba and Brazil have similar performance in test demanded by Bolsonaro, Paulo Teixeira, a federal lawmaker and vice president of the Workers Party (PT), commented on his Twitter account.
Regarding the work by the Cuban professional, Caraol Pires, from the newspaper The New York Times in Spanish, echoed an article published by the Brazilian newspaper Folha de Sao Paulo, which refers that Cuban and Brazilian doctors trained abroad have similar results against the revalidation test required by the Brazilian Medical Association.
- What has Happened in Latin America? Understanding the Imperial Counteroffensive
- We remain committed to a possible better world and we believe that the basis of that desire is education
- Cuba: Government announces new measures for self-employment
- Cuba reiterates its invariable solidarity with Constitutional President Nicolás Maduro and the Bolivarian Revolution
- Eight Cuban judokas to participate in Dusseldorf Grand Slam