Headed by the President of the Cuban Olympic Committee, Roberto León Richard, a Caribbean delegation sustained here meetings with representatives of several countries during the 23rd General Assembly of the Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC).
The Cuban Institute of Sports says today that, during the event held in the Japanese capital, Cuba talked with the Olympic Committees of Honduras, Panama, Belize, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Uruguay and Spain, among others of the 206 participants.
Also, it refers that the Assembly approved by consensus to delay for next year, the new president of the ANOC, as part of the renewal of the present directive of the organism.
Equally, the participants to the Assembly recognize Argentina for the organization and results obtained at the Olympic Games of Youth Buenos Aires-2018 held in October.
On occasion of the celebration of the next summer Olympics of Tokyo-2020, the president of the International Olympic Committee, Thomas Bach, described as exemplary the preps of Japan for the great advance showed in installations and sports facilities a year and a half before its celebration.
Precisely, the 23rd General Assembly of the ANOC will conclude tomorrow with a tour by the scenarios which will hold the great competitions in 2020.
- What has Happened in Latin America? Understanding the Imperial Counteroffensive
- We remain committed to a possible better world and we believe that the basis of that desire is education
- Cuba: Government announces new measures for self-employment
- Cuba reiterates its invariable solidarity with Constitutional President Nicolás Maduro and the Bolivarian Revolution
- Eight Cuban judokas to participate in Dusseldorf Grand Slam