Cuban president, Miguel Diaz-Canel Bermudez, paid tribute today via social networks to Jose Ramon Fernandez, one of the most notable men of the Revolution.
In his words, the Cuban head of state said Jose Ramon Fernandez was a pure man, one of those soldiers who chose being in jail rather than serving a tyrant, apropos of his passing away yesterday morning.
Diaz-Canel said farewell in his Twitter profile to the Hero of Bay of Pigs, teacher of Teachers, and the minister who revolutionized the Cuban educational system.
In another tweet, the head of state also confirmed that the sovereignty of our people is settled in the approach regarding Venezuela.
Likewise, he stated that backing up the legit right of the sister nation to decide its own future is to defend the dignity of all of us.
Translated by Sergio A. Paneque Diaz / CubaSi Translation Staff
- Cuba to Participate in International Tourism Fair in Madrid
- Cuba Expresses Condolences to Mexican People after Explosion
- Irene Rodriguez Performs at Joyce Theater with Flamenco Dance
- USA Jazz Band Builds Bridges in Cuba
- Cuba categorically rejects the threat of activation of Title III of the Helms-Burton Act