Havana, Feb 3 (Prensa Latina) One week after a tornado hit several municipalities in this capital, Cuban president Miguel Diaz-Canel insisted on unity to face adversities, after remembering National Hero Jose Marti's thought.
On his Twitter account, the president wrote that the Cuban people can overcome anything because they face it together, in reference to this week's natural disasters and the blockade imposed by the United States on Cuba for nearly six decades.
'The homeland is joy, pain and heaven for all,' the president wrote when quoting the Cuban hero.
In another tweet, Diaz-Canel recalled Marti again when he posted that 'he taught us that the only dignified autograph of a man is the one he leaves written with his works; and Cuba's best offsprings are writing theirs in the soul of the people affected by the tornado, whom they are helping.'
According to experts, the occurrence of tornadoes of such magnitude is unusual in Cuba and they are hard to forecast. That explains how many Havana residents were taken by surprise on the streets, even though the population had been warned about bad weather conditions on January 27.
- Cuban President Participates in Biopharmaceutical Company's Balance
- Cuban president congratulated youth organizations
- UNDP delivers more supplies for Havana tornado victims
- Banking system must play a leading role in development, says Diaz-Canel
- Cuban Media Denounces New Fake News about President Diaz-Canel