Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel congratulated the Young Communist League (UJC) on its 57th anniversary and the José Martí Pioneers Organization, celebrating 58 years of existence.
"To the Cuban children and youth of today, who celebrate the anniversary of their organizations this April 4: Congratulations! Cuba is in you," tweeted the Cuban head of state.
Diaz-Canel also pointed to the revolutionary legacy of the organizations dedicated to instilling values in Cuba's younger generations.
Young people nationwide are celebrating the day with various activities, ranging from volunteer work to cultural and sports activities.
- Diaz-Canel congratulates Los Van Van on its 50th anniversary
- Díaz-Canel: Cuba will not renounce its sovereignty or independence
- Cuban president meets with Italian artist Michelangelo Pistoletto
- Raul Castro and Diaz-Canel attend anniversary ceremony of Mobile Brigade of Special Troops
- President Diaz-Canel leads follow-up meetings on priority issues on the island