The 9th round of Migration Talks between Cuba and Ecuador is being held on Monday in this capital, the Foreign Ministry reported in its website.
The meeting will end Tuesday and is an important moment to strengthen bilateral cooperation in migration matters, in order to guarantee a regular, orderly and safe migration flow between both countries.
During the meeting, it also seeks to make a more effective confrontation to irregular migration and the fight against illegal trafficking of migrants, human trafficking and other related crimes, the report adds.
The Cuban delegation is headed by the Cuban deputy minister of Foreign Affairs, Ana Teresita González, while the Ecuadorian side is headed by Deputy Minister of Human Mobility, Santiago Chavez.
- Russian Security Council Secretary Meets With Castro, Diaz-Canel In Cuba's Capital
- Cuba’s Central Bank is ready to support newly announced measures
- Cuban government announces new economic measures to boost domestic trade
- Cuba to host symposium on genesis and development of the Revolution
- Spanish Foreign Minister pays official visit to Cuba