Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez expressed on Tuesday deep condolences to the people and government of China for the victims and damages caused by an earthquake that hit last night the province of Sichuan.
On Twitter, the Minister of Foreign Affairs extended his message to the families of the victims of the earthquake, which has caused so far 12 dead and 134 wounded.
The 6.0-magnitude earthquake struck Sichuan, a province in the southwest of the country, the day before. According to the latest update, more than 10,000 homes were damaged.
The city of Yibin was the most affected; four thousand people had to be evacuated, a hotel collapsed and several highways suffered cracks.
- Russian Security Council Secretary Meets With Castro, Diaz-Canel In Cuba's Capital
- Cuba’s Central Bank is ready to support newly announced measures
- Cuban government announces new economic measures to boost domestic trade
- Cuba to host symposium on genesis and development of the Revolution
- Spanish Foreign Minister pays official visit to Cuba