Gambia's Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Minister Mamadou Tangara begins an official visit to Cuba this Friday.
The visit of the Africa diplomat begins this Friday he has scheduled a series of meetings with Cuban authorities,among other activities, the Cuban Foreign Ministry website reported.
Cuba has a medical brigade in Gambia for more than two decades. The brigade is curently staffed by more than 100 doctors, medicine teachers and public health personnel.
Bilateral cooperation also covers the agricultural sector.
Cuba and Gambia have diplomatic relations since May 19, 1979. The West African nation has maintained a position against the economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed by the government of the United States against Cuba.
- Rafael Bonachela: «I Have Recreated a Relationship with all its Colors»
- Cuba receives donation of baseball and softball equipment
- Cubans celebrated Jose Marti's birthday in March of Torches
- Very Short Chronicles: Children are the Ones Who Know How to Love
- Cuba without cases of coronavirus, health checks reinforced