Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel met on Wednesday in the city of Santa Clara with the family of Dr. Landy Rodriguez, one of two doctors kidnapped in Kenya.
We express our sympathy and affection in such a difficult situation,' the head of State wrote on Twitter, where he also posted a picture of the meeting.
Diaz-Canel asked for support for Rodriguez's family, which he described as 'hardworking and humble'.
The Cuban Government has repeated its tireless and coordinated work with Kenya and Somalia for the return of Rodriguez and Doctor Assel Herrera.
In April, the Cuban Ministry of Public Health reported the kidnapping of Herrera, a specialist in General Integral Medicine, and Rodriguez, a surgeon, who were serving in Mandera County, Kenya.
Cuba's medical collaboration with the African nation began in June last year with the participation of 101 doctors.
- Diaz-Canel is back from Argentina, Raul welcomed him at the airport
- Miguel Diaz-Canel paid tribute to Jose de San Martin
- Cuban president meets in Buenos Aires with representatives of business community
- Cuban Council of Minister vice president in Kenya for ACP Summit
- President Diaz-Canel in Argentina to attend inaugural ceremony of Alberto Fernandez