President Miguel Diaz-Canel denounced that the Brazilian head of State, Jair Bolsonaro, lies about the Cuban doctors in that country, and acts with servility towards the United States.
President Bolsonaro lies again. His servility towards the #US is shameful. His vulgar slanders against #Cuba and the #MaisMedicos program will never deceive the brother Brazilian people, who know well about the nobility and humanity of Cuban medical cooperation. #SomosCuba, the Cuban president wrote on his Twitter account.
It was Diaz-Canel's response to Bolsonaro's statement that the presence of Cuban healthcare experts in Brazil was aimed at 'creating guerrilla groups'.
Since his electoral campaign, the Brazilian president has launched a frontal attack on the Mais Medicos program, in which Cuban physicians were rendering their services in Brazil's neediest communities, with positive results in health indicators.
Bolsonaro attacks on Cuban doctors caused Cuba to cancel its participation in that program.
- Diaz-Canel is back from Argentina, Raul welcomed him at the airport
- Cuba and HIV-AIDS (+ Infographic)
- Departing Cuban embassy official found curiosity, not confrontation, in U.S.
- Cuba reaches the four million foreign visitors
- WADA's decision to impose sanctions on Russian sports politicized — Cuban president