Cuba´s government congratulated on Tuesday the Bolivian people on the 194th anniversary of Independence, and seized the opportunity to express admiration for the success of the process of change led by Bolivia´s President Evo Morales.
'A greeting to the government and people of Bolivia on the 194th anniversary of their Independence. We admire their defense of the democratic-cultural revolution led by our brother the President and his fight for sustainable development and social justice,' tweeted Cuban FM Bruno Rodriguez.
President Evo Morales today called for the people to join in and defend freedom, dignity and sovereignty reached in this country as part of the process started in 2006, benefitting all nationals.
Independence Day is celebrated on August 6, to commemorate the Declaration of the act that ended Spanish domination in 1825, and proclaimed the Republic of Bolivia, granting the country its autonomy.
The 13 years of the Morales government have stood out for their achievements, such as improving Bolivians´ quality of life, political and social stability, and economic successes acknowledged by international organizations.
- Diaz-Canel denounces intensification of the US blockade against Cuba
- Cuba is working hard to catch up with the region in the use of ICTs
- Esteban Lazo presides over State Council of Cuba
- Americas qualifier for U-23 Baseball World Cup set to open in Nicaragua, Honduras
- Cuban handicrafts will reach Spain's beaches in 2020