Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel recognized Sunday through a message on Twitter the efforts of those who have made it possible for a new school year to begin on the island tomorrow.
'Tomorrow the new school year begins: a day of initiation and celebration! Another goal. Congratulations to those who made it and will make it possible,' he wrote on his account @DiazCanelB.
Almost two million Cuban students will start the 2019-2020 school year tomorrow, a figure slightly higher than the previous year, according to data provided by the Ministry of Education (Mined).
According to Mined, this year enrollment at preschool day care centers also increased thanks to the opening of more facilities in several territories and the constructive restoration of others.
More than 160,000 teachers will head for the classrooms tomorrow, representing a 95 percent coverage rate, with remaining posts filled through the use of alternatives such as hiring by the hour or other initiatives.
- Diaz-Canel condemns harassment against Cuban doctors in Bolivia
- Cuban President acknowledges confidence of those attending Fihav, despite the blockade
- Trump Bans Govt. Funding of Cuban Cultural, Education Exchange Programs
- Cuba opens shops to capture hard currencies and boost economy
- Cuban president pays a visit to industrial park in Belarus