The Communist Party of Cuba’s first secretary, Army General Raúl Castro Ruz, sent a message of congratulations to North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, September 9, on the occasion of the 71st anniversary of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
In his message, Raul reaffirmed the value Cuba gives ties with Pyongyang, based on the special relations shared by their leaders, according to a report on Cubavisión.
Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez also saluted the Democratic People's Republic of Korea on its anniversary, on behalf of the people and government of our country.
Cuba and the DPRK established diplomatic relations August 29, 1960, and have maintained fraternal ties since that time, based on mutual respect and admiration, and the friendship shared by Comandante en Jefe Fidel Castro Ruz and the great leader Kim Il Sung.
- Great expectation to meet the new manager of the Villa Clara Baseball Team
- Cuba's president receives Central American bank's top executive
- Importance of social networks highlighted in Cuba
- Cuban cochlear implant program benefits over 500 patients
- Cuban Chancellor to meet UNESCO Director General today