Cuba's National Assembly of People's Power (Cuban Parliament) was summoned to an extraordinary session to elect the President and Vice President of the Republic, according to an official note published this Monday in Granma newspaper .
The extraordinary session of the Assembly will take place in the capital's Convention Center on October 10, according to the call issued by the Council of State, following the approval of the new Constitution.
Deputies will elect the President, Vice President and Secretary of the National Assembly of People's Power, as well as the other members of the Council of State and also the President and Vice President of the Republic according to the norms of the new Constitution.
- Diaz-Canel is back from Argentina, Raul welcomed him at the airport
- Cuba and HIV-AIDS (+ Infographic)
- Departing Cuban embassy official found curiosity, not confrontation, in U.S.
- Cuba reaches the four million foreign visitors
- WADA's decision to impose sanctions on Russian sports politicized — Cuban president