Cuba's President Miguel Diaz-Canel heads on Saturday the inauguration of the new headquarters of the University of Artemisa in the western province of Artemisa.
Diaz-Canel, the elected president of the Republic on October 10 by the National Assembly of People's Power, participates in the event along with two vice-presidents of the Ministerial Council and the highest authorities of the territory.
The new headquarters of the University of Artemisa will host the Pedagogical and Social and Humanistic Sciences schools.
He served as Minister of Higher Education from 2009 to 2012.
- Diaz-Canel is back from Argentina, Raul welcomed him at the airport
- Miguel Diaz-Canel paid tribute to Jose de San Martin
- Cuban president meets in Buenos Aires with representatives of business community
- President Diaz-Canel in Argentina to attend inaugural ceremony of Alberto Fernandez
- Cuba's president receives Central American bank's top executive