Moscow, Oct 29 (Prensa Latina) Russian President Vladimir Putin said today he gladly accepts the invitation to visit Cuba, when he met his fellow Caribbean peer, Miguel Díaz-Canel, at the Novoe Ogoriovo residence, in the outskirts of this capital.
Putin congratulated Díaz-Canel for his election as president of Cuba. 'Last year you made an official visit to this country, but now you do it for the first time as head of state of the Republic of Cuba, as provided by the new Constitution,' he said.
He also said that in Russia they know well the prehistory of the links between the two countries. I would like to point out that this year you made an extended visit, I hope it was interesting and useful, said thwe Russian President.
The Russian head of state also referred to the increase in bilateral trade exchange by 33 percent last year and stressed in Russia they always viewed with special sympathy the independent position of Cuba and its sovereign policy.
- President Diaz-Canel remembers when leaders Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez first met in Cuba
- Russia expresses concern for Julian Assange's health
- WADA's decision to impose sanctions on Russian sports politicized — Cuban president
- Zelensky meeting with Macron at Normandy Four summit
- Russia banned from 2020 Olympics, world championships by World Anti-Doping Agency