Havana, October 31 (RHC)--Cuban authorities officially received the new modern floating dock acquired for 34 million dollars with a loan from the Chinese government.
The act of delivery was signed by Johannes Milián, general manager of the Casablanca Shipyards, and Yuan Yipin, general manager of the engineering department of China National Machinery Import and Export Corporation, the same company that brings to Cuba the wagons for the railway service.
When fine-tuning is complete and operations begin, the floating dock will help increase the country's ship repair capacity as well as increase the autonomy of the Cuban shipping industry.
Located at the Casablanca Shipyard in Havana, the new facility has the capacity to repair Panamax-type vessels with up to 65,000 tons of displacement.
- Diaz-Canel highlights upcoming elections of intendants in Cuba
- 17 Die From China's Coronavirus, Over 470 Affected Amid Global Fears
- Rats, Live Wolf Pups At China Food Market Menu Linked To Virus Outbreak
- President assesses food production on the island
- Media provides more information about vandalistic acts in Cuba