A delegation of the Russia-Cuba Friendship Society (SARC) is today in this capital to participate in the celebrations to mark the 500th anniversary of the founding of Havana and the 55 years of the group.
President of the Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP), Fernando González, welcomed the delegation, headed by its President, Aleksei M. Lavrov, Deputy Minister of Finance of the Russian Federation.
González highlighted the joint work between ICAP and SARC in the preparation of the 19th European Solidarity with Cuba Meeting, scheduled for July 2020 in Moscow.
For his part, Lavrov highlighted that his country has seen several festivals dedicated to the Cuban capital, and expressed satisfaction on being in Havana to celebrate its half millennium.
- Russia banned from 2020 Olympics, world championships by World Anti-Doping Agency
- Cuban Council of Minister vice president in Kenya for ACP Summit
- Collaborators in Venezuela reject campaigns against Cuba
- President Diaz-Canel in Argentina to attend inaugural ceremony of Alberto Fernandez
- Great expectation to meet the new manager of the Villa Clara Baseball Team