Miguel Diaz-Canel Bermudez, President of the Republic of Cuba, will receive today and hold official talks with the King of Spain, Felipe VI, at the Palace of the Revolution.
Before that, His Majesty will pay tribute to the most universal of Cubans, Jose Marti, in the monument bearing the hero's name in the Revolution Square by laying a wreath.
Felipe VI and his wife Letizia will also be present at the opening of the photo exhibition "Spain - Cuba, with you in the distance", which honors the historical relations between the two nations.
According to the official program of the visit, scheduled until November 14, the King and Queen will tour the oldest part of Havana, which in a few days will celebrate the 500th anniversary of its founding.
They will also visit Santiago de Cuba city, where they will tour the Castle of San Pedro de la Roca and pay tribute to the Spanish soldiers fallen in the Hispanic-Cuban-American war.
Historic relations between Cuba and Spain are developing favorably, in a context of mutual respect, political dialogue and cooperation to foster key issues on the bilateral agenda.
- Great expectation to meet the new manager of the Villa Clara Baseball Team
- Importance of social networks highlighted in Cuba
- Cuban cochlear implant program benefits over 500 patients
- Cuban Chancellor to meet UNESCO Director General today
- Spanish hornist invited by the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba