The governmental visit by the Cuban President, Miguel Diaz-Canel, and a representation of the Council of Ministers to the province of Ciego de Ávila concluded on Friday.
The visit provided an opportunity to verify the fulfillment of indications left in the previous tour through that central territory.
At the headquarters of the Provincial Committee of the Communist Party of Cuba, a dialogue took place with all the directors of companies and organizations in the territory.
During the exchange with the leading cadres of the province, it was known that of the 30 indications left during the previous visit, 22 were fulfilled and eight are in progress.
The President began the day early at the Samuel Noble Marina School of Sports Initiation, where 700 young people who practice 23 sports are studying.
Díaz-Canel also visited Ciego de Ávila production and social centers, including the Turiguanó Genetic Cattle Breeding Company, which he considered could become a reference point for the development of livestock on the island.
The President, along with the Council of Ministers, also visited the factory of solar heaters in the city of Moron, where he urged to continue working on the promotion of renewable energy and the change of the island's energy matrix.
- Discus Thrower Yaimé Pérez and Wrestler Ismael Borrero: Cuba’s Best Athletes in 2019
- Miguel Diaz-Canel paid tribute to Jose de San Martin
- Antigua and Barbuda continues to stand with Cuba for CARICOM-Cuba Day
- Mongolia signs MOU for the application of Cuban product Biorat
- Cuban Minister of Justice arrived in China