Canadians came out to Cuba’s shores in droves last year, surpassing 2018 arrival numbers by over 100,00.
According to the Cuba Tourist Board, over one million Canadians visited the destination in 2019, exceeding 2018 numbers by 112,144.
The uptick in visitation, added Gomez, is largely attributed to the opening of new luxury hotels in key destinations on the island, as well as the refurbishment of many properties. Continued development and expansion are planned for 2020, with more news coming at a later date.
Said Lessner Gomez, Director of the Cuba Tourist Board: “2019 was an exciting year for Cuba with the Havana 500 celebrations and the heightened excitement and energy that still continues. We look forward to welcoming even more of our Canadian friends to Cuba in 2020 and to share Cuba’s unique spirit and soul as well as celebrating the 61st anniversary of the Cuban Revolution.”
- Cuba makes efforts to strengthen transport affected by US blockade
- Works from six countries to compete for Cuba's Musicology Award
- Acting Performance from 2019 Awarded in Cuba
- Armenian, Cuban FMs highlight boosting dialogue at different levels
- Cuban foreign minister meets with UN High Commissioner of Human Rights