Havana, January 13 (RHC)-- The president of the Cuban National Electoral Council, Alina Balseiro, expressed her satisfaction with the drill carried out throughout the island on Sunday for preparation of the elections of governors and vice-governors.
The exercise was preceded by a process of preparation and training to ensure that on the election day, next Saturday, January 18, the process is carried out in full compliance with the Electoral Law.
On that day, the delegates of municipal assemblies of the island´s 168 municipalities will elect the new governors and vice-governors.
According to Balseiro, this preparation provided an opportunity to evaluate all aspects of the process, including the conditioning of the venues, the ballot boxes, lighting, transportation, insurance and food.
In accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of Cuba, approved last year by the electors' majority vote, the office of the governor, a position that was eliminated at the triumph of the Revolution in 1959, is reinstated.
- Election of Governors: Let's Talk about Socialist Democracy
- Cuban Science in Figures (+ Infographic)
- Matanzas appears one game shy to become champion of the 59th Cuban Baseball Series
- Preparations underway in Cuba to elect provincial governors
- Cuba sends solidarity message to the people and government of Australia