HAVANA, Cuba, May 19 (acn) The Chief of Staff of the Chinese Army, Colonel General Fang Fenghui paid tribute on Sunday to Cuban Independence hero Antonio Maceo as part of a two-day official agenda on the island heading a military delegation.
Accompanied by the member of the Political Bureau of Cuba's Communist Party and first deputy minister of the Revolutionary Armed Forces Army Corps General Alvaro Lopez Miera, the Chinese high-ranking officer laid a wreath at the mausoleum treasuring the remains of the Cuban patriot and toured a tank unit.
The Chinese military delegation is also made up of vice admiral Xiu Hongmeng, deputy chief of the Chinese Navy and by Lieutenant General Ma Zhenjung, chief of staff of the Air Force. The visitors were welcomed at the Rescate de Sanguily and Order Antonio Maceo Tank Unit by its chief Brigadier General Rafael Ignacio Borjas.
At the place, the visitors learned about different training techniques and equipment and some of the latest advancements of the Cuban military industry.
- Cuba: Debates on Cybernetic Vulnerability and Criminalistics
- The Classroom Door, the Frontier
- Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Belarus O.Kravchenko meets the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Cuba
- Cuban Foreign Minister received his counterpart from Ghana
- Cuban Specialist Participates in World Medical Forum in Vienna